Provide the highest standards of detailed and proactive administration so that our international transportation company is able to maximize its post-Brexit commercial possibilities.
As a leading player in the international transportation of cargo, Samskip is at the forefront of the transition to a post-Brexit landscape. This applies particularly to port operations, and Brexit is just one of the changes that is impacting this dynamic commercial environment. Navigating this new world demands the skills of a technically adept, detailed and flexible administrator who can oversee all aspects of our port activities. If that sounds like you, read on for more about this involving role within our growing and future-focused company.
Innovation and collaboration
Samskip innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Our office at Wherstead Park, a beautiful part of Ipswich, offers a proactive and entrepreneurial environment for an experienced and high performing professional to thrive. It’s busy, it’s fun and every day is different as you work together to reach the next level and service a wide range of international customers.
Adjusting to a new world
Your core task in this role is to support the use of the new tools and reporting systems that have been developed to help us manage the Brexit transition. In doing so you free up management to make the decisions that will position the business to succeed in the ‘new world’. Data analysis is an important aspect of the role and you compile reporting aimed at monitoring business performance both financially and operationally to improve service delivery.
Your detailed daily tasks include:
- Suppliers Performance – You gather and maintain operational KPIs for UK terminals, related to vessel and road operations, on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis or as required by the business.
- P&L preparation – You compile an overview of UK terminal costs based on recorded entries in the Samskip system and compare to forecast, periodically. This includes vessels related costs, booking related costs and haulage related costs.
- Statutory Reporting – You undertake all required reporting for Samskip’s shipping activities to the UK government, ensuring operational integrity by staying up to date with Samskip’s ICT changes and evolving UK Government rules.
- Invoicing – You compile weekly RCN inclusive of all relevant costs, ensuring contractual rates are applied correctly by the suppliers, and reporting anomalies. You declare shipments to relevant supplier/port authorities, aimed at self-invoicing, in a timely fashion.
At all times you maintain effective communication with our internal offices and external customers such as the port authorities, hauliers, customers, suppliers, and government bodies.
Further general tasks include maintaining an overview of the quays in UK terminals and comparing behaviour, monitoring Destin8 notifications such as holds/releases and compile trends of behaviour per port and distribute to the management team. You also participate and complete any project work as assigned by management.
Become part of a great company
At Samskip we know that our most important asset is our employees. When you succeed, so do we. You will therefore enjoy access to wide-ranging development opportunities including meaningful training and e-learning via our Samskip Academy. We also make every effort to ensure a good work/life balance and when the pandemic is over you can look forward to some great team gatherings and events.
Samskip also offers:
- A competitive compensation package;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Private medical and life insurance;
- Company pension scheme;
- The flexibility to work from home some of the time in agreement with the manager.
A multi-facing opportunity for a flexible and focused professional
This is a role for candidates with a relevant operational background who can stay on top of a wide variety of daily metrics while remaining up to date with constantly evolving regulations and circumstances. You should also be flexible, proactive and customer focused, and able to work in an open and collaborative manner with Samskip colleagues from all disciplines.
The formal requirements are:
- Experience in a relevant role;
- Extensive knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of the port community system Destin8;
- Effective written and spoken communication skills.
We want to hear from you
If you think you think this is the job for you, don’t hang around! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 (88) – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]