Would you like to work on a unique French country estate located 180 km south of Paris? You will be responsible for all activities related to our herd of cattle, and will also handle various agricultural tasks. Are you capable of working independently? Then this job as a livestock manager is perfect for you.
A standard job? We don't have those.
Our herd consists of 300 Limousin cattle, and is intended for both meat production and livestock breeding. You take responsibility for the herd, and you support the estate manager with the production of food. And that's not all. In this many-sided job, you carry out various agricultural tasks. You lead a small team of dedicated, well-trained staff. You report directly to the estate manager. As our new livestock farmer, you:
- organise and take responsibility for all livestock-related matters;
- lead the staff and ensure clear communication within the team;
- maximise the efficiency and profitability of all livestock activities;
- ensure that the farm is well maintained and that it is safe and tidy;
- are responsible for all equipment, new investments and for maintaining these;
- ensure there is clear communication and co-ordination with third parties, such as suppliers, contractors, co-operatives, associations, authorities, neighbours etc;
- maintain a professional administration and assist with reporting and budgeting.
You take responsibility for feeding, breeding and monitoring the welfare of our livestock. You also handle the marketing of all animals: bulls, heifers, yearlings and cattle that are to be disposed of. You work together with vets and advisers to maintain a healthy and productive herd. You also work to ensure optimal pasture use. You keep a close eye on quality during the production of silage and hay. You also take care of the maintenance of fencing and infrastructure.
Our private estate and associated companies cover an area of 1,400 hectares. A large part of this is commercial forest and shooting land. Around 600 hectares is designated for agriculture, of which 400 hectares consists of pastures for livestock farming. There are also 12,000 m2 of modern buildings, which house our beef unit.
You work in an ambitious and professional environment. Everyone contributes to the success of the estate. Personal responsibility, commitment and team spirit are very important to us. You are part of a team that wishes to excel in its work, and to deliver good results for the estate owners – results that contribute to the profitable and sustainable growth of the estate.
You can count on us.
As well as a non-standard job, we can offer:
- a salary appropriate to your knowledge and background;
- paid holiday days in accordance with local regulations;
- opportunities for self-development;
- accommodation that is organised for you.
Actions speak louder than words.
You are passionate, determined, you take the initiative and you love rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You do your work accurately, neatly and hygienically. You have outstanding leadership skills, and are also very capable of working independently. You also have strong social and communication skills, because you work together intensively with various staff across the estate to reach your common goal. This means you are an excellent team player. You can also work well under time pressure, set priorities and multi-task. So far so good? We'd love to hear from you if you also have:
- a bachelor's degree in Agricultural Sciences;
- at least 10 years' experience in agriculture, for example as a farmer, livestock holder or other agricultural position – preferably with some leadership experience;
- preferably experience with the Limousin breed;
- experience of driving a tractor and operating machinery;
- a qualification to use a telescopic loader or forklift;
- a driving licence valid in the EU;
- basic IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office software;
- preferably excellent command of French and English.
We're looking for you.
We can't wait for you to start. What do you need to do? Ensure you apply for this full-time job as soon as possible via the button below.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy? You can call us on +41 79 488 53 56 or send an e-mail to: [email protected].