Lead, envision and implement a smart Dynamic Pricing strategy that will enhance our profitability and further strengthen our company
As a leading international transport service provider, Samskip always embraces the latest ideas and technologies that will equip us to succeed in the future. Central to this forward-thinking approach is the adoption of Dynamic Pricing, and the core purpose of this role is to define and direct the positioning and strategy that will make it happen. As such, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and analytical pricing professional to put in place a smart pricing structure that significantly enhances our profitability.
Make your mark
Samskip is a growing company with a progressive and forward-looking approach to multimodal and sustainable logistics solutions. In this newly created position you will be perfectly placed to make your mark on the future of a leading industry player and the wider logistics industry. Operating at the cutting edge of 21st century logistics, you are based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s busiest and most important transport and shipping hubs.
A vision for Dynamic Pricing
For some years, Dynamic Pricing has been common practice across industries such as hospitality, tourism, entertainment, retail, energy, and public transport. Now it’s time to apply the same thinking to the transport and logistics industry so that Samskip can set flexible prices for our services based on market demand at any given time.
This demands the skills and vision of a true pricing expert. Someone who can define, launch and drive smart pricing models that deliver new efficiencies, play a key part in digital transformation and increase profitability for sustainable long-term growth.
Data driven excellence
To build our Dynamic Pricing programme you apply your powerful ability to analyse and understand data so that you turn that data into actionable insights. Using those insights, you identify opportunities through market intelligence, customer segmentation, price discovery, and testing and experimentation. In doing so you work closely with Data Scientists and Software Developers to develop sophisticated models so that we transform your strategy and vision into a brilliantly effective end product.
Within this process you:
- Quickly acquire a strong understanding of the value our services deliver for our customers and how differentiated our services are compared to competitive alternatives;
- Build a pricing dashboard to control and compare models for impact on margin improvement;
- Coach teams and experts to increase their impact and level of success;
- Act as the linking pin between sales, country and regional management, tender and trade management on all pricing topics.
This is the place to be
This is a high-profile role that enables you to showcase your talent and personality across a dynamic international platform. Moreover, Samskip offers a friendly working environment in which everyone works together while being challenged every day. And you will find a wide range of professional support available as you further your career.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Functional tools – mobile and laptop;
- Company car.
A dynamic future, from the ground up
Needless to say, to succeed in this role you will need an advanced approach to analytical problem solving so that you can apply a structured and disciplined methodology to identify root causes using data. But you should also have a real ‘roll-up-your-sleeve’ mentality, along with the excited ambition necessary to strategize and execute a breakthrough pricing strategy, from vision to implementation, in an undefined space.
The more formal requirements are:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar;
- At least five years of relevant pricing and revenue management experience in logistics or other industries dealing with complex systems;
- Able to communicate goals and strategies across multiple levels of leadership within the organization;
- Team player who can coach, engage and inspire people;
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills.
If you think you could be a great asset to Samskip based on everything you’ve read here, we look forward to receiving your application. Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 (88) 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]