Transformation for transportation. Bring energy, technical understanding and operational vision to a high-profile leadership role within a forward-thinking international company.
As a leading transportation company, Samskip always aims to reach the next level in order to better serve and attract a wide range of international customers. Key to this is our ability to release business value by identifying, developing and implementing data-driven technologies that enable process automation and efficiency. Are you a forward-looking, results-driven, and curious problem solver who can help us to achieve this within our operational excellence and business transformation agenda? If so, please read on for more about this important role within our international and multimodal company.
An international and future-focused professional arena
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s busiest and most important transport and shipping hubs, you will operate at the cutting edge of 21st century logistics. And, as someone whose role is to bring strategic leadership and innovation, you will be perfectly placed to have a major influence on shaping Samskip’s future success.
End-to-end operational transformation
This is a senior role in which you bring strategic leadership and innovation to the transformation of our operations from quote, booking, collection and operations to delivery. The main challenges are: being able to predict volumes to enable us to optimize capacity versus demand; route optimizing and exception handling; using real-time sensor data for providing visibility and accurate ETAs.
In order to deliver this program you collaborate with cross-functional teams to design an end-to-end operational process that achieves and sustains operational excellence. This demands a relentless focus on process efficiency as you develop a team that is passionate about standardizing systems and processes, leveraging the latest technology trends to mitigate operational risk, and developing and observing best practices.
Within this context, your key tasks are:
- Designing an Operational Excellence Roadmap that aligns with the corporate strategy;
- Assuming responsibility for the preparation, execution and aftercare of Improvement Projects within operations;
- Measuring progress and the targeting of results from improvement projects against the Operational Excellence Roadmap;
- Delivering proactive and effective communications related to improvement initiatives.
At all times you proactively mobilize commitment for change and enable the continuous sustainment of change initiatives.
A place to fulfill your ambitions
The spirit at Samskip is dynamic and collaborative, and every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours. To that end, you will have access to wide ranging development opportunities. In addition, we do all we can to ensure a good work/life balance and we love to get together for team gatherings and events.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Functional tools including a smartphone and laptop;
- Company car;
- The possibility to work from home some of the time.
Transformation meets inspiration
To apply for this highly significant position you should be someone who combines deep technical understanding with a powerful vision for the future. Your ideas and decisions will affect the whole company so you will need excellent communication and facilitation skills as you communicate goals and strategies across all levels of leadership and all functional areas. And, with regard to the colleagues closest to you, it is essential that you can act as a team player who coaches, engages and inspires others.
The formal requirements are:
- Master’s degree in Logistics, Economics or similar;
- Agile, Lean, Six Sigma or other project management certifications preferred;
- At least five years’ experience in driving operational business process transformation in logistics or other industries dealing with complex systems;
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills;
- Able to function independently and drive large scale strategic programs, ensuring buy-in from key stakeholders in a matrix environment;
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement innovative technologies to enable process automation and efficiency.
If you think you think you have what it takes to make a success of this exciting yet demanding role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: care[email protected]