Smooth processes, expert advice. Oversee a large reporting and control department while providing the business insights that will help to shape the future of our international transport operations.
Samskip’s is a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport operations. We are relentless in our quest for excellence and improvement across all internal and customer-facing processes. Could you deliver this for Finance and Business Control through expert leadership for our reporting and control processes while providing valuable business advice and planning to our international businesses? If so, we invite you to find out more about this influential role in which you will be positioned to determine your future whilst also playing a substantial role in shaping Samskip’s future success.
Join a growing and innovative company
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s most important transport and shipping hubs, you will oversee Finance and Business Control for a company with an annual turnover of more than 800 million euros. This makes us one of Europe’s largest transport companies with offices in 35 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, and more than 1,700 employees.
Business partnership and high-level advice
This is a senior role with major accounting and business responsibilities. Your core objective is to guide and support our national and internationally operating companies with insightful business analysis and advice for complex financial matters. This requires in-depth knowledge and a keen eye for future developments that will help our business leaders to make the right decisions.
In addition, as the head of our financial reporting and accounting processes, you ensure accurate and timely reporting and alignment within our overall central finance processes. In doing so you direct and manage about 40 people reporting directly and indirectly to you inside and outside the Netherlands. You report to our Group CFO.
Within this context, your detailed activities include:
- Reviewing and monitoring KPI performance based on your business knowledge;
- Manage ad-hoc analysis and financial/investment projects, driving improvements in financial reporting and processes, and identifying opportunities and gaps;
- Proactively managing forecasting, cash flow management, and the impact of a changing business environment on financial plans;
- Implementing a new Corporate Performance Management system.
At all times you collaborate closely with Samskip’s business leaders to ensure that initiatives are implemented effectively. You also facilitate knowledge sharing across operating companies, especially on financial matters.
An arena in which to shine and grow
As a company, Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Company car;
- The possibility to work from home for some of the time.
Can you add real value as a talented and impactful financial business partner?
This is a highly visible role that calls on you to go beyond the details of reporting and financial processes and play an analytical, unbiased, and far-sighted role in the future direction of our business. As such, it demands strong business acumen and the ability to understand the sector and Samskip’s opportunities therein. You also possess a flair for communication and the persuasive skills necessary to challenge, engage and convince stakeholders from diverse cultural and technical backgrounds.
At the same time, you are keen to continually develop yourself and your team so that you are able to map and respond to opportunities, risks and inconsistencies.
All of this is based on the following demonstrable attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Economics, or accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant;
- Extensive (10+ years) experience in an international mid-size company, preferably in Finance and Control;
- Proven financial management experience in all areas of finance and accounting;
- Knowledge of SAP FICO and advanced Excel skills that help you analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models;
- Ability to handle deadlines and schedules within a matrix reporting relationship;
- Strong communication skills including fluent written and spoken English and Dutch, both verbal and written.
If you are excited by the prospect of tackling this wide-ranging and influential role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the position please feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]