Lead the development of user-friendly front-end solutions that do so much to enable the success of our international transport company
Samskip is a large, international company that organizes thousands of goods transports every week. Our success depends substantially on a web portal that enables customers (and employees) to perform daily actions such as booking sea-freights and ordering containers. It’s a valuable 24/7 resource, run by an experienced team that is committed to the highest professional standards. If you think you could take the lead in front-end web development for this portal, please read on.
Front-end excellence within a collaborative and professional environment
You will be part of the team that focuses on developing a robust and efficient Customer Portal (Service Web). The team works with legacy systems such as ReactJS and AngularJS (maintained by Facebook) and .NET Core and ASP.NET stack (maintained by Microsoft).
Central to this effort is the ongoing development of attractive and user-friendly UIs. Your role is to act as team leader for this front-end web development, evolving interesting web designs that hundreds of people can easily interact with and rely on every day.
The development team strives for mature, stable development frameworks that deliver competitive software performance, eliminate the risk of failure, and ensure scalability for future developments. This is achieved through continuous development within an agile, modernized software environment where business needs can be solved quickly on an ongoing basis.
Flexible, professional and organized
As a Front-End Web Developer, you need the flexibility necessary to deliver predefined web designs while at the same time taking the initiative and proposing improvements to existing designs. Further, you should be an organized multi-tasker who can commit to a predefined sprint plan whilst also performing hotfixes that need to be solved ASAP. And you always show up on time for team meetings such as Planning-, Retro-, Daily- and Demo meetings. Your specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and developing fully scalable websites and securing professional UX;
- Taking the lead in front-end web development;
- Implementing professional web designs and deliver UIs that attract users;
- Dealing with ad-hoc requirements and/or issues with web designs your team is responsible for.
This is the place to get ahead
Samskip is committed to innovating and applying sustainable and multimodal transport links across Europe. Our office in Cluj-Napoca plays an important role in this network. It’s busy, it’s fun and every day is different as you work with a diverse range of colleagues to deliver 21st-century solutions for a large portfolio of well-known customers.
Moreover, we want you to grow and thrive with us. That’s why you’ll have access to wide-ranging development opportunities including training and e-learning through our Samskip Academy. And we do all to ensure that Samskip is a company where colleagues become friends. Other benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package;
- 21-25 days of annual leave;
- Meal ticket;
- Transportation allowance;
- 7Card sports subscription;
- Medical insurance;
- A laptop and a mobile phone.
Are you the great front-end developer we’re looking for?
To succeed in this role you should have a solid software engineering background in front-end web development. In particular, you have extensive experience with frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue etc. As a leader, you also need knowledge of stylesheets such as CSS / SASS / LESS.
Implementing a proposed web design comes naturally to you, and you have a sharp eye for general UX improvements. It is essential that you always think in terms of finding universal scalability and you go the extra mile for fully scalable web designs. Above all, you love working in SCRUM / Kanban Agile continuous development environment. We are a cross-functional team working with a mono-repo so experience of collaborative development with Git is key. The back-end is mostly RESTful .NET APIs, so basic C# experience is a big plus.
You also know your way around CSS, LESS, SASS, REST, HTTP, Swagger, Angular, React and Git. Although the development team always strives for modernized web development you will sometimes need to improve, coordinate, and add scalability to existing or older web designs.
All of this demands highly evolved critical thinking and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to quickly master new techniques. Deadlines are often tight so you must have the flexibility to respond effectively under pressure to last-minute changes and priorities. You also need excellent communication and collaboration skills as you influence, negotiate and present information to engage others in our quest for framework simplicity and efficient future maintenance. The more technical requirements are:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar and proven work experience of implementing fully scalable web designs;
- Proven work experience with today’s leading web frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, AngularJS and/or Vue;
- Transport / Logistics industry experience is a plus;
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS / LESS (experience with Tailwind is a plus), XML and JSON;
- Excellent knowledge of ReactJS (experience with Redux is a plus) and basic knowledge of Angular and/or AngularJS;
- Good knowledge of a RESTful infrastructure, with basic knowledge of C#, .NET Core and ASP.NET a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of Visual Studio Code and front-end development extensions;
- Excellent knowledge of Git (experience with GitFlow is a plus);
- Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure and experience with CI / CD setup (experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus);
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Get to the front-end of the queue!
Do you think you could be a great asset to Samskip based on everything you’ve read here? Don’t hang around! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 (88) 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]