Grow existing customers and attract New Business as you reinforce the success of our international logistics operation
Bring your energy, vision and know-how to promoting Samskip Logistics across an important UK territory. Interacting directly with a wide range of customers, your aim is to make a significant contribution to the success of our growing organization. Manage key accounts, maximize existing business and search out new business. Get out and about to customers and trade shows. This job is whatever you make of it, and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to meet your targets in terms of sales and revenue.
Join an international player
Samskip is a truly international company that provides the latest and most sustainable logistics solutions worldwide. You will work alongside a team of ten in our Grimsby office and also have regular contact with your international colleagues. And you’re based in Europe’s Food Town – Grimsby – which will give you an outstanding platform to build a successful career in the reefer forwarding industry. It’s a tough business but a great business, and you’ll join a determined and expert team that strives every day to generate results that contribute to the profitable and sustainable growth of the company.
Busy, busy, busy
What does it all involve? Well, on the one hand you’ll be monitoring each account assigned to you. That means taking responsibility for Profit & Loss and ensuring that clients meet agreed financial and budgetary targets while maintaining a watch on their financial stability and reporting any concerns. You also keep customers updated about new developments across the industry and within Samskip, constantly seeking ways to maximize their business and ours.
At the same time, we all know that nothing beats new business. That’s why you always keep an eye out for prospects so that we maintain a strong new business pipeline. In order to make it all happen you:
- Attend weekly sales meetings (Skype and face to face) with the UK Team and International Partners;
- Provide quotations in the agreed format and ensure that our CRM is maintained;
- Liaise with shipping lines and suppliers as required and maintain information in the relevant systems;
- Complete the required number of Cold Calls and complete a weekly activity report;
- Liaise with the Operations Team and Accounts Departments as necessary;
- Ensure that a complete Customer File is completed for all new customers.
A great place to work
At Samskip we aim to create a great working environment in which everyone works together while being challenged every day. We also invest in you via development opportunities for professional and personal growth. This is embodied by the training and e-learning provided by our Samskip Academy. On a regular basis we fire up the team spirit with gatherings and events.
Other benefits for this position include:
- A competitive compensation package, including holiday allowance;
- 23 days of annual leave;
- Private medical and life insurance;
- A company pension scheme;
- Company car/Car allowance;
- A laptop and mobile phone.
Do you have the ambition we’re looking for?
Are you creative and outgoing, equipped with a winning mentality that will drive you to succeed against tough competition? Do you like to take responsibility and take the lead? If so, we’d love to hear from you. As well as these personal characteristics you also need to bring:
- Approximately five years of sales experience in the shipping and logistics industry, ideally with a strong focus on the seafood sector;
- A college education and fluent English;
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time when the Covid-19 crisis is over.
If you think you could be a great asset to Samskip based on everything you’ve read here, don’t hang around. Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on 088-400 13 93 or send an e-mail to [email protected]