Data makes the difference! An opportunity to deliver the highest standards of data analysis and interpretation for our dynamic international logistics operation.
Samskip is a forward-thinking logistics company, operating within a dynamic international arena that generates significant amounts of real-time data. Could you organise, analyse and interpret that data, converting it into information that will generate meaningful insights that enable better business decisions? If so, read on and find out more about this role at the cutting edge of advanced statistical modelling.
A company where innovation meets ambition
Samskip is committed to innovating and applying sustainable and multimodal transport links across Europe. Within this network, our office in Cluj-Napoca plays an important role in our data analytics activities. It’s busy, it’s fun and every day is different as you work with a diverse range of colleagues to deliver 21st-century transport solutions based on highly sophisticated data analysis.
A fascinating data challenge
This is a challenging role in which you work with Samskip’s data team to create and manage analytics solutions that turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. In doing so you interpret data and analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns. You also perform the financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors, enhancing our business intelligence capability. Detailed activities include:
- Identifying valuable and appropriate data sources in relation to competitors, industry suppliers, markets, macro-and microeconomics;
- Developing and maintaining databases, automated data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality;
- Undertaking the pre-processing of structured and unstructured data;
- Monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements;
- Presenting information using data visualisation techniques.
Based on the thorough gathering and expert interpretation of data you propose solutions and strategies to business challenges. This requires you to work with management to prioritise business and information needs, always seeking to locate and define new improvement opportunities.
A great place to develop your career
At Samskip we want you to be the best you can be. That’s why you’ll be able to access wide-ranging development opportunities including training and e-learning through our Samskip Academy. You will also benefit from an open working environment where you are challenged every day while working as a team. And we do all we can to ensure that Samskip is a company where colleagues become friends. Other benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package;
- 21-25 days of annual leave;
- Meal ticket;
- Transportation allowance;
- 7Card Sports subscription;
- Medical insurance;
- A laptop and a mobile phone.
Are you the entrepreneurial analyst we are looking for?
To apply for this position you need to be a highly accurate, analytical and critical thinker with a talent for interpreting complex and multiple sources of information. But you should also be someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who can develop and expand the role in order to go the extra mile and propose solutions that make a real business difference.
There will be some pressure and tight deadlines so you need to be a flexible and effective decision-maker who can disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. At the same time, you should be able to eliminate non-value adding activities. With all this will come the excellent communication and collaboration skills necessary to engage and influence others in order to get the job done.
You tick all the following boxes:
- BSc/BA or MSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Proven working experience as a (business) Data Analyst, preferably within the logistics/transport sector;
- Strong knowledge of data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques;
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
If you think you could be a great asset to Samskip based on everything you’ve read here, don’t hang around. Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 (88) 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected].