Work with state-of-the-art terminal software, oversee all day-to-day operations and lead (and improve) a team of transport professionals. Are you the Terminal Operations Manager we are looking for?
Head up the operations team, coordinate projects and develop new ways of working – these are your main responsibilities as a Terminal Operations Manager
As our Terminal Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the operational performance of the terminal. You will lead an 18 FTE operations team made up of terminal planners, gate dispatchers and gate checkers – each of them logistics professionals. You will oversee and coordinate projects, as well as improve the way your team works for optimal results.
From maintenance plans for the infra to the superstructure of the terminal: you keep an eye on everything. You will work with state-of-the-art terminal software to ensure on-time performance of departing trains, cost-efficient terminal operation and fast turnaround time of trucks.
What you will be doing day-to-day:
- Actively leading a team of logistic professionals and helping them develop, improve and succeed in their respective responsibilities.
- Keeping track of maintenance, repair and procurement of terminal equipment.
- Develop new KPIs and stimulate the team to achieve these goals.
- Create new procedures that improve the way of working on the terminal.
Experienced, communicative and highly motivated: this is who we are looking for
Samskip’s new Rail Terminal Operations Manager is communicative, social and strong willed. You have no trouble convincing your team to do what is best – both for them and for the company. You can make decisions at crucial times and take a lot of initiative towards improvement of day-to-day activities.
In addition, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics or Business.
- Some experience with leading and coaching an operational team
- Excellent English and German language skills, both in word and writing
- Knowledge of and interest in terminal software
- Knowledge of and interest in the transport business
Working at Samskip comes with a lot of benefits – these can be yours
At Samskip, we believe in stimulating our people with great benefits and development opportunities. Working at Samskip means learning on the job, as well as regular training opportunities, a group of highly motivated colleagues and plenty of freedom to carry out the responsibilities we believe you can handle.
‘We don’t just move containers, we move careers forward too.’
We also offer:
- A competitive salary.
- 26 days of annual leave.
- A great team atmosphere and fresh fruit every day.
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
Can you take our Terminal Operations to the next level?
Join us now to make your mark on the transport industry: upload your CV and motivation via the ‘Apply’ button.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally-friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 633 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with around 1500 employees in total.Apply Now