Building a company is hard, but satisfying work. Are you the committed and energetic financial expert who is able to positively contribute to our business goals?
For one of our subsidiaries, Nor Lines, we are looking for 2 talented Business Controllers with a background in finance. You will prepare cost calculations and implement process improvements for our shipping activities in Ålesund and our national distribution and domestic logistics services in Oslo.
A leading player in the maritime corridor: Nor Lines
Nor Lines is a short sea liner shipping, logistics and domestic distribution company, offering terminal activities, warehousing and haulage services throughout Norway. It operates 6 vessels and owns terminals along the Norwegian coast, all connected by an intermodal line haul system via rail and road.
This is what it is like to be Business Controller
We have a dream: to connect several domestic and international regions via sustainable transport solutions. It will be up to you to successfully initiate business and process improvements in Ålesund or Oslo, thus supporting our Norway business with its short- and long-term targets. You will provide weekly, monthly and yearly estimates as well as annual budgets. To do so, you work closely with other Business Controllers and the rest of our financial organisation.
Some of your short- and long-term responsibilities
- Analyse our financial business performance and activities on a regular basis.
- Plan internal controls and analyse the results of these controls.
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards.
- Participate in business projects and be accountable for project and cost control.
- Act as the first point of contact for all finance-related requests and questions within the shipping and domestic activities.
We use several operational and financial systems for invoicing and cost calculations: MySamskip, Dataloy and SAP. We ask you to actively contribute to improvements in all systems to optimise our business.
Opportunities await – are you the ambitious Business Controller we are looking for?
You have extensive knowledge of financial processes and know how to translate this into new opportunities for our business. Togetherness is the key to success here: you know how to get teams involved to implement improvements. Outstanding communication skills are thus of great importance. In addition, you know how to handle deadlines and are able to ensure that others meet them too. Since you will be working in an international environment, your English skills are excellent and you are ambitious enough to make yourself visible within the organisation.
What else do we ask of you?
- A financial degree, for example in financial economics, business economics or business administration
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in logistics or transport
- Knowledge of accounting, planning and control principles and methods
- Experience with SAP, modern BI/reporting tools, operational systems and MS Office software
- The ability to set priorities, maintain targets and achieve objectives
Build your career as a Business Controller
Nor Lines is a leading player in the maritime corridor. We offer you a dynamic international working environment where you will meet people from all over the world, acquire in-depth knowledge and develop yourself on both personal and professional level. We are literally always on the move and are looking for someone who is willing to join us, wherever we may go. Whether you want to grow horizontally or vertically, there is plenty of freedom, responsibility and opportunity to develop your career at Nor Lines.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, based on education, knowledge and experience
- Tools to make your life easier, including a company laptop and a mobile phone
- Personal development opportunities, such as training and coaching
- 25 days of annual leave, a company pension scheme and personal insurance
- Great colleagues, a multicultural environment and yearly employee activities to get acquainted with each other and share knowledge
Looking for a new destination?
Ålesund and Oslo are waiting for you. Tell us your ideas, provide us with new insights and tell us how you will successfully introduce business and process improvements.
Upload your CV and motivational letter via the "Apply" button. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Økonomikontroller – Økonomi-controllerApply Now