Do you have an eagle-eye and sharp mind for cost-effective planning of logistics between Ireland and Europe? As we are steadily growing, we have an opening for a Transport Planner at Samskip Multimodal Ltd in Dublin.
Shipping is a 24/7 business and your skills and talent will make sure it stays that way. Your goal is to schedule all freight orders from the ports of Dublin, Waterford and Cork as cost-efficient, reliable and timely as possible, while providing the best service possible to Samskip’s customers and stakeholders.
Our Transport Planner puts the logic in logistics
By keeping an accurate overview of the available capacity and the number of orders in each geographical area, you will efficiently match and plan daily timed collections and deliveries from container ports throughout Southern Ireland. In order to achieve all agreed service levels, you will proactively maintain contact with suppliers and business partners regarding our performance. As an experienced planner, you will identify potential obstacles or shortages, while your brilliant, quick-thinking mind proposes alternative solutions to prevent any delays or disruptions in your planning.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with colleagues in other Samskip sites regarding coordinated planning approach.
- Generate weekly efficiency and cost evaluation reports.
- Proactively keep our clients informed of any unexpected delays or changes in delivery or costs. Resolve customer issues swiftly and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Make sure all documentation, files and reports are filed and organised in a structured manner.
- Assist in procurement of new hauliers and extending the haulier database.
- Build and maintain relationships with drivers, terminal employees, colleagues and clients.
Hours of work will primarily be Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 15:30 hours. As logistics is an evermoving business, there will always be a possibility of ad hoc and/or out of hours (substitution) shifts. Therefore, a high degree of flexibility will be required.
Your skills and abilities as a Transport Planner
You are a highly skilled organiser who knows how to prioritise, schedule and plan. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced logistics environment. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are essential, as you will be required to analyse operational data to help improve efficiency and also predict and solve operational problems. You are highly motivated, result-driven and have a strong ambition to grow and succeed, not only in this role, but in building a career within Samskip.
We also want you to tick these boxes:
- A relevant diploma or degree or at least 3 years prior work experience in planning and/or shipping business
- You have a strong geographical knowledge of Ireland
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- IT literacy and a working knowledge of MS Office and preferably CMR tools or SAP
- You are eligible to work fulltime in Ireland
Enough about you, what about us and our offer?
We don’t just move containers, we move careers forward, too. Working at Samskip offers you a great opportunity for a career filled with potential within an expanding and dynamic international company. We encourage you to expand your skills, knowledge and personal development via our online Samskip Academy. If you show ambition, commitment and motivation, we are more than happy to invest in your future.
We also offer you:
- An attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Excellent benefits, such as 23 days paid annual leave, a pension scheme and medical insurance
- A dynamic international working environment in which people are more than just colleagues
- An exciting workplace with a view of the Port of Dublin
- Professional and personal development opportunities, a good work-life balance and strong emphasis on your wellbeing
Are you planning ahead as our new Transport Planner?
Join Samskip: apply directly by clicking the button, share your cv and tell us how you will improve our business by hiring you.
Samskip is an international company offering transport and related services by land, sea and air. Samskip offers one of the largest and most comprehensive Pan-European Multimodal Container Logistics Systems along with Global Refrigerated Cargo Logistics and International Forwarding. Samskip employs about 1,500 people working in more than 24 countries worldwide.Apply Now